Travelling is one of the boons (or curses) that comes with starting your own business and meeting new clients. Whether you are making a beeline for the domestic or the international airport, the packing can be especially bothersome. But just a few additions to your packing list will save your time and money so you are fully equipped for a stress-free trip:
1. A Hotspot
Unless your company is paying for Room Service and the WiFi that comes with it, a hotspot would be a good addition to your carry-on luggage. A lot of telecom service providers have come up with portable Hotspots with 4G connections that work wonders when Hotel Rooms are charging you a humungous amount by the hour.
2. Corporate Credit Cards
A lot of rewards, perks and incentives are available on your fingertips when you have a corporate credit card. Along with having access to local currency easily and cashless transactions, reward points can help you gain air miles, hotel stays and gift vouchers which you can use for future trips.
3. Breath Mints
The last thing you want is to have foul breath before your meeting or conference. It is very important to be at your best at all times! Breath mints have an edge over chewing gums. While chewing gums may look very unprofessional, breath mints are something you can share with everybody and that dissolve on your tongue within a minute, giving a smart and quick solution to any breath problems!
4. Business Cards
Your Trips are a very good opportunity to network with people working in the same field and inspirational leaders. It is also a very good opportunity to get in touch with senior mentors. Carrying around your business cards will ensure that no one forgets you once the conference is over. They will have a way of reaching out to you!
5. Multicharger and Converter
Phone batteries die every other second on corporate trips therefore a charger is a must. If you are travelling to an international destination, you will need a converter owing to changing plug points for every country.
6. A Hand Sanitizer
Catching an infection or a flu can be an easy job on corporate trips and the last thing you might want is to fall ill right before the corporate party. Prevent such infections by using an anti-bacterial gel or a hand sanitizer whenever you don’t have quick access to hand wash.
7. Useful Apps on your phone
It’s always good to travel smart. These 5 apps are the epitome of doing just that:
- TripIt – This is a one stop app for all your travel details and itineraries. Send your confirmation emails to your TripIt account and see your calendar reflect your entire trip.
- Uber – This app will ensure a seamless ride to your meetings around the city by providing personal cars with professional drivers for hire.
- Refresh – Find out everything about your client who you have travelled to meet. This app helps you to research about your client before the meeting so you can impress them by showing them that you have done your homework.
- AroundMe – If you are lost, this is a great app that directs you to the nearest banks, hotels, coffee shops, whatever you need.
- City Maps 2Go – Don’t get lost in a new city or spend on too many roaming charges. This app gives you access to 67,000 maps including those of small towns.
These few travel hacks can come a long way in easing your trip. Now all you need to focus on is impressing the client and cracking that deal!
Sure you want to crack that business deal in style. For that, you need an inspiration and a convenient business center. Look for shared office space in Andheri West, Mumbai or co-working space in Hosur Road, Bengaluru.